Work With Us
We are currently hiring...
- 2 days p/w
- Remote work
- Immediate Start
Wedlockers is the largest wedding platform in Australia. We make it easy to find & choose the best wedding vendors online with more choice & better search.
Our goal is to generate the largest volume of targeted wedding enquiries in Australia, making us the preferred place for wedding vendors to advertise online. Our clients are leading brands within the wedding industry including venues, celebrants and photographers.
About The Role
The Content Writer will be responsible for delivering blogs & landing pages that increase online traffic and drive enquiries to our wedding vendors. You will create listicle style pages that help Brides & Grooms find ideal suppliers for their wedding. Here's some examples:
Initially, we will provide you with a list of wedding vendors to write about, some draft content for each vendor and a set of target keywords for that page. Your job will be to reword the content for each vendor, producing an on-point & informative article that helps Brides & Grooms choose which vendors to enquire with.
You’ll also need to create opening & closing paragraphs, format pages with links/images/alt tags, write meta titles & descriptions and find opportunities for internal links. Some research of vendors will be required.
This role has the potential to grow with the right candidate. Future opportunities could include management of social media, EDM’s, Facebook group, content strategy etc.
- You’re a self-starter with a can-do attitude and proven ability to problem-solve
- You enjoy working autonomously and collaboratively
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for detail
- You have excellent journalistic & editorial skills and enjoy writing in an informative style
- You understand how to write engaging content and are able to inject creative flair
- You’ll gather information and research where required to ensure you delight your audience
- You are a results driven person who thrives on success (you’ll cheer when your blogs hit #1 on Google)
- You’re highly creative and an excellent idea generator, and you’re also analytical and process-driven
- Finally, experience in the wedding industry would be favourably considered but more importantly, we’re looking for someone with a passion for marketing, who loves helping brands to grow and succeed
The Skills & Experience You Need To Succeed
- Proven ability to write compelling content in an informative style rich with facts
- Excellent writing, editing, researching and proofreading skills vital - accurate grammar, spelling and attention to detail
- Experience in advertising or journalism highly desirable
- Experience in writing product or business reviews highly desirable
- Ability to write to a deadline & be flexible with last minute edits
- An understanding of SEO. Proven successes highly desirable
- Ability to write targeted content that converts (you create content that aligns with what Brides/Grooms are looking for & delights them)
- Experience working with CMS tools and marketing/communication automation platforms
- Data analytics would be highly advantageous
- Experience working for a digital start-up is advantageous
How to apply: