Submit A Guest Post
Wedlockers brings together the industry’s collective expertise to make wedding planning easy & fun. We invite you to share your expertise and experience with our audience by submitting a guest blog.
Guest Post Submissions
Guest posting opportunities are available on our wedding blog. We publish articles that connect readers with information and people that help them achieve their wedding vision. The purpose of each article is to generate enquiries for listed vendors. To maximise enquiries, all articles are optimised to rank high in organic search results for specific search terms.
Guest blogs must meet one of our core objectives:
- Answer a question that Brides & Grooms would search online
- Introduce new ideas
Here’s some examples of what we’ll publish:
- ‘How to’ articles - how to find, how to choose, how to plan ...
- ‘What to’ articles - what to do when, what to ask ...
- ‘When to’ articles - when to [send out wedding invitations]...
- Lists - 8 reasons, 9 ways, 10 things you need to know about, 6 new ideas for ...
- Explainers - What does a [niche specialist] do, styling terminology explained ...
- Ridiculously fun - wedding ideas for surfers, surprise wedding ideas, ways to include pets in your wedding ceremony ...
Our Blog Audience
Our blog is read by 12k+ Brides & Grooms every month. They take the following actions:
- Send 18,000+ direct enquiries via Wedlockers annually
- Click through to vendor websites to enquire direct
Australian wedding vendors can create a free business listing on Wedlockers to share in these benefits.
Guest Post Guidelines
Articles that target a niche search term, deliver useful content to readers and generate enquiries for listed vendors (including you) are highly likely to be published. These publication guidelines ensure the delivery of high value content to our readers, and in turn maximise the traffic, conversion and branding benefits for your business.
- Choose a topic you’re an expert in
- Niche is best. Avoid generic topics, ie “how to plan a wedding”
- Share gold nuggets. Valuable information is the king of conversion
- Meet one of our 2 core objectives
- Avoid content that’s similar to existing articles
- Submit a minimum of 1,000 words
- Email relevant images to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Avoid self promotional content (see preferred layout below)
OPENING PARAGRAPH - Introduce the topic. Make it clear what the article is about.
MAIN CONTENT - Share the juice. This is where you pour your nuggets of gold so that readers want to find out who you are.
CLOSING PARAGRAPH - Reiterate your message and round the article off. This is the ideal place to mention your business.
YOUR BIO - Add your business bio so that readers can get in contact (approx 50 words)
Our Commitment To You
We appreciate the the investment of your time & effort to contribute to our site. When we agree to publish your article, this is what you’ll receive from us:
- You’ll be credited as the author via your published bio
- We’ll provide links to your own webpage from the article
- We’ll optimise your article for search engines. (We strive to get all articles on our website to page one on Google and do regular SEO maintenance to maintain results.)
- We’ll share your article on our socials
- We’ll provide internal links to & from your article
Turn our readers into your potential customers
If you are a listed vendor on the Wedlockers platform we will prioritise your guest post submission. It’s free to create a business listing for Australian wedding vendors.